The massive fire in a shop at Dhambojichoik, Nepalgunj, has been taken under control after two hours following joint efforts from security personnel and locals.
The fire broke out from a carpet and furniture shop at around 8:45 this morning and spread to nearby hotels and shops. Two fire engines from Nepalgunj and Kohalpur were mobilised to douse the fire, informed Banke police chief Tek Prasad Rai.
One policeman was also injured in the incident. He has been admitted to a local hospital for treatment.
The fire was reportedly caused by electric short circuit, police said.