Capital

Sumargi hands over building to PADT

- Post Report, KATHMANDU
Sumargi hands over building to PADT

Apr 15, 2014-

Nepali Businessman Ajaya Sumargi on Monday handed over the newly constructed ‘Madhav Raj Smriti Bhawan’ to the Pashupati Area Development Trust (PADT). The building was constructed with the total budget of Rs 60.5 million by Sumargi on 6.5 ropanis of land provided by the PADT.

Prime Minister Sushil Koirala along with various leaders including Pushpa Kamal Dahal, Madhav Kumar Nepal and Kirti Nidhi Bista were present during the ceremony. PADT officials say the building will be used for multi-purpose and is suitable for hosting spiritual and cultural events. “The building was mainly constructed for Shanti Suddhi and for religious offerings. We were lacking a proper space for hosting our events and now we have one,” said Gobinda Tandon, member secretary at the PADT. The PADT plans to facilitate hiring services of the building in near future after rules and regulations are formulated.

The building includes three halls, of which two have a capacity for 300 people and one with 500. All the three halls can also be modified into a single hall which can accommodate more than a thousand people. 

The halls have also been equipped with sound system and lights for various events. The building also has ten shutter shops where the PADT plans to operate souvenirs and floral stores. PADT plans to keep 80 percent of the revenue collected while the remaining 20 percent will be used for its maintenance.

Published: 15-04-2014 10:02

User's Feedback

Click here for your comments

Comment via Facebook

Don't have facebook account? Use this form to comment

Main News