General

Short circuits cause five house fires

- Post Report, BIRATNAGAR

Feb 17, 2017-House fires, all reportedly caused by electrical short circuits, destroyed properties worth nearly 18 million rupees in Sunsari, Jhapa, Morang and Ilam districts on Thursday. 

A house at Dharan-6 in Sunsari district caught fire when a battery power back-up system short circuited, police said. Properties worth nearly Rs 6 million were destroyed.

 In Jhapa, two incidents of fire were reported at Gauradaha and Damak. 

According to police, properties worth nearly Rs 6 million were destroyed in the house fires caused by short circuits.

 In Morang, a three-storey house burned to the ground as a result of a short circuit. Police said the fire resulted in a property loss of an estimated Rs 4 million. 

Similarly, a house fire at Sakfara-2 in Ilam destroyed properties worth Rs 1.5 million. Police said the fire was caused by a short circuit. 

Published: 17-02-2017 10:04

User's Feedback

Click here for your comments

Comment via Facebook

Don't have facebook account? Use this form to comment

Main News