Fire guts property worth Rs 80 million in Butwal
May 24, 2017-
Property worth around Rs 80 million was reduced to ashes when a fire broke out at a building housing two drug stores in Butwal Sub-Metropolitan-8 of Rupandehi on Monday.
Police said that Khem Enterprises and Omi Pharma were destroyed in the flame last night.
It was taken under control at around 4 am today.
According to SP Mukunda Marasini of the Area Police Office, Butwan, no human casualty has been reported.
Khem Pun, proprietor of the two companies said that the Butwal Sub- Metropolitan City Office's failure to send fire fighters on time caused such a huge loss.
The fire could have been ignited due to electric short circuit.
However, a big disaster was prevented as the fire inflicted no damage to six cooking gas cylinders and inverter's batteries placed inside the building during the time of incident.
Six people sleeping on the fourth floor of the building managed to escape from the building. RSS
Published: 24-05-2017 15:46