NCC Bank board member among 13 held for financial irregularities
- Arrested for misappropriating Rs 1.50 billion
Mar 16, 2018-
Central Investigation Bureau (CIB) of Nepal Police on Friday arrested 13 persons including a board member of Nepal Credit and Commerce (NCC) Bank for their alleged involvement in financial irregularities.
Thirteen people including NCC Bank’s board member Bishnu Dhital were arrested for misappropriating Rs 1.50 billion, CIB sources said.
All those arrested were board members and key post holders of former Apex Development Bank that was merged into NCC bank. Four development banks inlcuding Apex, Infrastructure, Supreme, and International Development were merged to form NCC.
The Nepal Rastra Bank (NRB) launched investigation after complaints were registered that Apex Development Bank was disbursing loans even after the beginning of merger process.
SP Ghanashyam Aryal said all the arrested individuals have been detained at CIB office in Maharajgunj, Kathmandu.
According to a source, they were arrested for further investigation after Nepal Rastra Bank complained about financial embezzlement. They have been accused of overvaluing the collateral and disbursing loans to black-listed people.
The CIB has been investigating the individuals at the request of NRB. They were arrested during the investigation.
Here is the list of arrested individuals:
1. Bishnu Prasad Dhital (Then Chairman of Apex Development Bank)
2. Ichhya Bahadur Gurung (Then Proprietor of Apex Development Bank)
3. Subarna Raj Bhandari (Then Proprietor of Apex Development Bank)
4. Madhuban Lal Shrestha (Then proprietor of Apex Development Bank)
5. Rishi Raj Bhatta (Then Chief Executive Officer of Apex Development Bank)
6. Durga Dutta Joshi (Then Senior Manager of the Apex Development)
7. Ram Chandra Basaula (Then Assistant General Managar of the Apex Development Bank)
8. Bikash Shrestha (Then Section Manager of the Apex Development)
9. Sagar Neupane (Then Chief at the Lokanthali Branch of Apex Development Bank)
10. Man Bahadur Raut (Then Section Manager of the Apex Development Bank)
11. Binit Mani Upadhyay (Then Assistant General Manager of the Apex Development Bank)
12. Mohan Kharel (Then Local Officer of the Apex Development Bank)
13. Sudip Thapa (Then Section Manager of the Apex Development Bank)
Published: 16-03-2018 13:57