4 Nepalis among 7 die of suspected hooch poisoning in Malaysia
Sep 18, 2018-
Four Nepalis among seven have died of suspected alcohol poisoning in Malaysia.
According to English Daily—The Star—online portal, of Malaysia, four Nepalis, a Bangladeshi, an Indian and a Malaysian have died while 16 others including 13 Nepalis, two Bangladeshi and a Malaysian have been admitted to several hospitals for treatment.
“It has been suspected that they died due to alcohol poisoning,” the online portal said quoting a police official, adding, “"We are waiting for the post-mortem reports.”
The details of the deceased and those who have fallen sick have not been made public yet.
The Kuala Lumpur-based Nepal Embassy said that it has been trying to obtain information about the incident. Investigation into the incident is underway.
Published: 18-09-2018 18:13
- alcohol poisoning