General

Three children die in house fire

- DURGALAL KC, DANG

Dec 15, 2018-

Three children of a family died in a house fire at Bangalachuli Rural Municipality-8 in Dang district on Thursday evening.

The fire that broke out in the house of Nabaraj Pun killed his son Krishna Bahadur Pun, 7, and daughters Asmita Pun, 5, and Anju Pun, 2.

Nabaraj and his wife Jibana had gone to see a local shaman with their ailing 16-month-old son at the time of the incident.

Deputy Superintendent of Police Ram Prasad Gharti said the fire was caused due to solar battery explosion while the three children were asleep.

Seven goats and four cows owned by the family also died in the incident, said police.

In a separate fire incident, properties worth Rs 50 million were destroyed when a shoe store caught fire at Birendra Chowk in Tulsipur Sub-metropolis-5 on Friday morning. Police suspected the fire might have been caused due to an electric short circuit. 

Published: 15-12-2018 08:40

User's Feedback

Click here for your comments

Comment via Facebook

Don't have facebook account? Use this form to comment

Main News