Two siblings die after aunt serves ‘poisoned’ chow mein


Dec 17, 2018-

Two siblings from Krishnapur Municipality-3 in Kanchanpur district died of suspected poisoning on Saturday, police said.

According to the District Police Office, Dhan Bahadur Sunar, 12, and his younger brother Tek Bahadur Sunar, 8, of Dekhatbhuli died after they had reportedly consumed chow mein that their aunt had given them. Further investigation into the incident is underway, said police.

According to the victims’ maternal uncle Chamuram Tamata, the boys had arrived at his house in Belauri Municipality-6 on Friday to attend a wedding. He said the boys were complaining of feeling unwell as they had been vomiting through out their way to Belauri.

“They continued vomiting even after arriving at my house. We took them to a

local health post and later rushed them to Seti Zonal Hospital in Dhangadhi after the health worker suspected it was a poison case,” said Tamata. “The zonal hospital then referred the boys to Kohalpur Teaching Hospital. They died on their way to the hospital on Saturday morning”

The siblings’ mother is a mentally challenged while their father had died six years ago. Both the mother and sons have been living with Lacchirama Sunar, the father’s older brother, and his wife Sita Devi.

Locals and the boys’ relatives suspect that Lachhirama and his wife might have poisoned the boys.

Deputy Superintendent of Police Krishna Raj Ojha said Lachhirama and Sita Devi were taken into custody for investigation.

“The postmortem report will confirm the cause of the death,” said Ojha.

Transportation disrupted over NEA employee’s death

The residents of Betkot Municipality-7 in Kanchanpur district on Sunday staged demonstrations and obstructed transportation along the East-West Highway following the death of a Nepal Electricity Authority (NEA) employee. Chandra Dev Bhatta of Bhimdutta Municipality-19 reportedly died of electric shock at the NEA transmission grid. However, locals and the victim’s relatives claim that it was a murder case. Preliminary investigations showed that Bhatta died of electric shock, said DSP Ojha.

Published: 17-12-2018 08:47

User's Feedback

Click here for your comments

Comment via Facebook

Don't have facebook account? Use this form to comment

Main News