Print Edition - 2015-01-29 | Nation
18 students deprived of appearing in SLC
Jan 28, 2015-
The negligence of a school headmaster is likely to deprive 18 students from appearing in School Leaving Certificate (SLC) examinations this year.
The students for Harkapur Secondary School at Benighat-3, will not be eligible to attend the exams scheduled for March as headmaster Pahalman Shrestha had enrolled the students without even taking permission to run grade 10.
The hapless students are desperately searching for alternative measures to help them become eligible for the upcoming examinations.
Last year, the school had made 30 of its students to appear for the examinations from Chandrodaya Secondary and Bishaltar Lower Secondary School.
“We had to face this problem at a time when we should instead be preparing for the important examination. And this has happened even though the school had assured us that unlike last year we would be able to appear for the examinations from our own school,” lamented Nar Bahadur Magar, one of the students, adding that they had not filled up their registration forms from other schools as they were assured that the school would take care of the problem.
“Our headmaster had stopped us from filling the examination registration form from other schools assuring that he would ensure that we will be able to sit for the SLC examinations from the school itself,” Sunar said. Similarly, Nar Bahadur also slammed the headmaster for playing with the future of young students. Even parents of the students have held the headmaster responsible for toying with the future of their children. School officials also said that the headmaster should take full responsibility for the fiasco.
Published: 29-01-2015 08:57