Young woman dies in house fire

- Post Report, JAJARKOT

Sep 5, 2016-

A person died and four others sustained injuries in a fire that engulfed a house in Khalanga, the district headquarters of Jajarkot, on Sunday.

According to Police Inspector Suvash Bhatta, the fire broke out on the floor where one Mansingh Khatri was operating an eatery. 

Mansingh’s18-year-old daughter Sangita died in the incident. Police said she was visiting  her parents to celebrate Teej festival. 

Mansingh, Gokarna Chand, Prem Bahadur Rana and Ramesh Chand were injured in the incident. They were taken to Nepalgunj for treatment. They are said to be in critical condition.

Police said that the fire started from a petrol dealership that was being operated on the ground floor of the house.  The fire gutted several rooms in the building. Two motorcycles were also destroyed. 

Published: 05-09-2016 08:52

User's Feedback

Click here for your comments

Comment via Facebook

Don't have facebook account? Use this form to comment