Print Edition - 2018-08-15 | News
School water poisoned, 27 children taken ill
Aug 15, 2018-
Panic broke out at Shree Madhyamik Vidyalaya in Letang Municipality-9, Morang, on Tuesday morning after children started falling sick, prompting the school to call the authorities.
A police team soon reached the school and before long confirmed that the school’s water system had been poisoned.
Twenty-seven children were rushed to a local health facility after they started vomiting with complaints of headache and dizziness.
Four children were taken to Nobel Hospital in Biratnagar for further treatment.
Police said someone had poisoned the school’s water tank with the intent of causing harm to the children and the school staff.
The lid of the 500-litre water tank had been forcibly pried open and an empty poison bottle was floating in the tank.
Krishna Prasad Luitel, the ward chairman of Letang Municipality-9, demanded the police administration to arrest whoever committed such dastardly crime targeting innocent school children.
Published: 15-08-2018 07:07