Kenya president says Nairobi attackers killed
- News Digest
Jan 17, 2019-
Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta said on Wednesday that all Islamists who had stormed an upmarket hotel complex had been “eliminated” after an almost 20-hour siege that left at least 14 dead. “I can confirm that... the security operation at Dusit complex is over and all the terrorists eliminated,” Kenyatta said in a televised address to the nation. “As of this moment, we have confirmation that 14 innocent lives were lost to the... terrorists, with others injured.” Police sources and a mortuary official had previously reported 15 dead. Kenyatta said 700 civilians had been rescued throughout the siege.
Published: 17-01-2019 11:25