Print Edition - 2019-01-20 | News
Two motorcyclists electrocuted, another critically injured
Jan 20, 2019-
Two youths were electrocuted to death while another got critically injured by a live wire at Kuwarampur in Janakpur Sub Metropolitan City on Saturday.The victims, who were travelling on motorcycles, came in contact with a live wire that was hanging from an electricity pole. Jagarnath Sah, 30, of Bishanpura-4 in Siraha district and Parameshwor Mandal, 28, of Mithilabihari-3 in Dhanusha district died on the spot, while Surya Narayan Sharma, 40, of Janakpur-4 was critically injured in the incident, said police. Sharma is receiving treatment at Janakpur Zonal Hospital.
Superintendent of Police Govinda Thapaliya said the victims were attempting to pass the road from the sidewalk when they came in contact with the live wire. The road in Kuwarampur area is under construction now.
The locals claimed that the incident took place due to the utter negligence of the Nepal Electricity Authority (NEA). According to the locals, they had written an application to the NEA to fix the electricity wire but the authority paid no heed to the issue.
They demanded the government to take action against the guilty NEA officials and provide compensation to the victims’ families.
Published: 20-01-2019 07:50