At least 16 killed in attack in eastern Afghanistan

  • News Digest
- AGENCIES, JALALABAD (Afghanistan)

Mar 7, 2019-

At least 16 people were killed in a suicide attack Wednesday on a construction company in eastern Afghanistan, an official said, the latest bloody assault in the war-torn country. The hours-long attack in Jalalabad began early on Wednesday when at least two blasts were heard, an AFP reporter said, before security forces rushed to the scene in the city, which is the capital of Nangarhar province. “Sixteen employees of the company have been killed and nine more injured,” provincial spokesman Attaullah Khogyani told AFP. “All five attackers have been killed by security forces,” he added. Nangarhar provincial council member Ajmal Omar put the death toll slightly higher, saying 18 people had been killed with three of the nine injured in a critical condition. Health workers pored over the injured in a nearby hospital, with bloody bandages covering their wounds.

Published: 07-03-2019 11:39

Next Story

User's Feedback

Click here for your comments

Comment via Facebook

Don't have facebook account? Use this form to comment