American tourist missing in Pokhara
Aug 26, 2015-
A 25-year-old Egyptian American tourist is missing since August 6, according to Trekking Agencies Association Nepal (TAAN).
In a Facebook Post, TAAN states that Dahlia Yehia’s family said she last appeared on Whatsapp from Pokhara on August 6. Her family said Yehia volunteered with Secret Garden Disaster Relief, Kathmandu, in July, after which she arrived in Gorkha’s Mutchok Village on August. 1. She left two days later. She arrived in Pokhara on Aug 5 and complained of ‘rashes’, the morning she disappeared.
Her visa expired on August 20.
TAAN has requested anyone with information share it on Facebook. Their Facebook Page can be found here
Here is Information given by her family (and posted on TAAN’s Facebook Page)
- July 31, 2015 : in Kathmandu (volunteered with Secret Garden Disaster Relief)
- August 1, 2015: Gorhka, Mutchok village
- August 3,2015 : Gorhka, leaves Mutchok early
- August, 5, 2015 : Early morning arrival in Pokhara - visits German bakery
- August 6, 2015: Mentions appearance of rash (had previously appeared in Thailand - had to go to a clinic in Thailand to receive treatment of injection & medication for rash. Source of rash unknown)
- August 6, 2015 - Last appearance on WhatsApp 10pm Nepal time
- August 20, 2015 - Nepali visa set to expire
Published: 26-08-2015 16:55