5 dead after eating toxic mushroom

- Post Report, Panchthar

May 30, 2016-

Five persons, including three members of a family, died of consuming toxic wild mushroom in separate incidents in the district in the past five days. Nine others were taken seriously ill.

According to the District Police Office, Padam Maya Manglak, 45, of Angna-1, her daughters Kabita Manglak, 13, and Sonika Manglak, 5, died after they had eaten a mushroom curry. They had eaten the mushroom that Padam Maya collected in the local forest on Monday.

The victims died during treatment in hospital. Sonika died at Lifeline Hospital in Damak, Jhapa, on Wednesday, while Kabita and Padam Maya breathed their last at the BP Koirala Institute of Health Sciences in Dharan and the Biratnagar-based Nobel Hospital, respectively. Two other children of Padam Maya—Ram Prasad, 16, and Nanusha, 8—are receiving care in Damak.

Similarly, Man Kumari Manglak, 39, of Angna-1 and Eliza Mabo, 11, of Tharpu-6 died after they had shared a dish of wild mushroom on Saturday.

Published: 30-05-2016 08:30

User's Feedback

Click here for your comments

Comment via Facebook

Don't have facebook account? Use this form to comment