Print Edition - 2018-02-12 | News
UML finalises PR list
- Motilal Dugar becomes MP again
Feb 12, 2018-
The CPN-UML, the largest party in new Parliament, has submitted its final
proportional representation list of the House of Representatives to the Election Commission (EC).
A standing committee meeting held at party’s central office in Dhumbarahi on Sunday finalised the list that includes 33 percent women representation. As per the EC’s calculation, out of the total 41 PR seats that the UML obtained in the HoR, the party has selected four males and 37 female candidates according to their respective clusters. The EC had asked the parties to submit the list of PR within three days of the publication of the results.
The four male PR picks include industrialist and former Constituent Assembly member Motilal Dugar.
Other members are spouses of top UML leaders, including senior Vice-chairman Bamdev Gautam’s spouse Tulsi Thapa, secretary of the secretariat Krishna Gopal Shrestha’s spouse Bina Shrestha, standing committee member Shankar Pokhrel’s better half Sujita Shakya and leader Raghubir Mahaseth’s spouse Juli Kumari Mahato.
Commenting on the selection, Shakya expressed dissatisfaction over negative comments from different sections of the society.
“I have more contribution than any other male members of the party. But why we
are subjected to criticism for being spouse of the party leaders is beyond my comprehension,” Shakya said.
Former student leaders Ram Kumari Jhakri, Chairperson of UML’s students wing All Nepal National Free Students Union Nabina Lama, former minister Radha Gyawali, youth leader Nirudevi Pal are among those who made the cut.
UML MPs for house of Representatives
SN. Members Category
1. Mukunda Neupane Khas Arya/Male
2. Bijay Subba Aadibasi Janajati/Male
3. Mohan Baniya Remote Area/Male
4. Motilal Dugar Madhesi/Male
5. Thammaya Thapa Aadibasi Janajati/Female
6. Shivamaya Tumbahamphe Aadibasi Janajati/Female
7. Sujita Shakya Aadibasi Janajati/Female
8. Ram Kumari Jhakri Aadibasi Janajati/Female
9. Bina Shrestha Aadibasi Janajati/Female
10. Tulsi Thapa Aadibasi Janajati/Female
11. Nabina Lama Aadibasi Janajati/Female
12. Shanti Maya Tamang Pakhrin Aadibasi Janajati/Female
13. Kumari Meche Aadibasi Janajati/Female
14. Binadevi Budhathoki Magar Aadibasi Janajati/Female
15. Radha Kumari Gyawali Khas Arya/Female
16. Binda Pande Khas Arya/Female CA member
17. Goma Devkota Khas Arya/Female
18. Kalyani Kumari Khadka Khas Arya/Female
19. Nirudevi Pal Khas Arya/Female Yuba Sangh
20. Man Kumari GC Khas Arya/Female
21. Maya Devi Neupane Khas Arya/Female
22. Bishnu Sharma Khas Arya/Female
23. Sarita Neupane Khas Arya/Female
24. Maina Kumari Bhandari Khas Arya/Female
25. Tirtha Gautam Khas Arya/Female
26. Shanta Chaudhary Tharu/Female
27. Laxmi Kumari Chaudhary Tharu/Female
28. Ganga Chaudhary (Satgauwa) Tharu/Female
29. Nira Devi Jairu Dalit/Female
30. Bimala Biswokarma Dalit/Female
31. Bimala BK Dalit/Female
32. Parbati Kumari Bishunkhe Dalit/Female
33. Sanu Shiva Dalit/Female
34. Asha Kumari BK Dalit/Female
35. Juli Kumari Mahato Madhesi/Female
36. Pushpa Kumari Karna Kayasta Madhesi/Female
37. Sarala Kumari Yadav Madhesi/Female
38. Rekha Kumari Jha Madhesi/Female
39. Sarita Kumari Giri Madhesi/Female
40. Kalila Khan Muslim/Female
41. Samina Hussain Muslim/Female
Published: 12-02-2018 07:57